Friday, April 4, 2008

Colonialism sucks

This kowtowing to the colonialist overlord thing makes me really uncomfortable. The restaurant dropped my order from our lunch order, and despite waiting almost 2 hours for their food as well, 2 people immediately got up and raced in a car over to subway to buy me a sandwich without giving me any opportunity to argue - as though I cannot suffer missing a single meal. After lunch, I asked where someone sits, intending to go speak with them about our dinner plans, and the general manager of the company calls the poor guy up and orders him into my office. He showed up, laptop in hand, expecting to talk business when all I wanted was to let him know that I was going to go home early and he could drop by anytime. The whole western bossman thing was flattering for about 8.5 minutes, but really, I'm not cut out to have people treating me like that. It feels like they think I'll break if I'm allowed to do anything for myself.

I'm glad its finally the weekend and I can escape their clutches for 3 whole days. Thank god for Indian holidays - I've got monday off, unexpectedly. Which will almost make up for all the hours I'm putting in while laying sleepless in bed at night, I suppose. I was sure I was going to get a good night's sleep last night, since I stayed up until 11pm, but no, I was wide awake at 2am. So tonight I'm determined to ride those 3 hours of sleep until midnight or so. That'll surely get me on schedule for the rest of the weekend.

No comments: